How to customize the widget display
You can use Convead to show widgets to your visitors in different ways: automatically when the right conditions are met, manually by writing the code for a button on your site, or when the visitor clicks on a link.
Automatic display of widgets
The easiest way to show a widget is to set the conditions under which it should be shown to the visitor. Let’s say we have already created a widget and now we want to customize how it is displayed. Go to the step “Settings” and in the first block, “To”, set the switch to “Set filter” and specify the required rules.
If no filter is set, the widget will be shown to all visitors.
How does it work? As soon as the visitor comes to the site, Convead checks whether they fit the filter condition. If the answer is yes, the widget is automatically shown to the visitor.
If you have a multi-domain site and you do not want to show the widget on all domains, check the appropriate boxes in the next block. If you want to show the widget only on certain pages, this can be configured in the block below, after specifying the relevant pages.
Here you can also configure when to show the widget:
1. Specify a delay before showing the widget – then the widget won’t appear immediately, but after the visitor has spent a specified amount of time on the page.
2. Set the maximum number of impressions per person per day/month/all time – then, if the widget has already been shown to the visitor a specified number of times, it will not be shown to them anymore.
3. Set the checkbox “Show when leaving the page” – then the widget will pop up only when the visitor brings the mouse over the edge of the screen ready to leave.
4. Set Convead to display the widget only if the visitor scrolls the page down a certain percentage – if the visitor does not scroll, the widget will not appear.
5. Limit the display of the widget on computers or mobile phones – for example, you can create different versions for desktop and mobile.
Bring up the widget manually (with the code)
If you want to call up the widget manually – for example, when you click on the “Order a call” button on your website or when you click on another Convead widget – you can do this easily. In the “To” section, set the radio button to “Call manually”.
You will see this code:
Copy it and paste it into the processor of the desired button on your website.
For this structure to work, be sure to include both widgets. Don’t worry; the data that the user enters into the widget fields will be transferred to Convead intact.
Call the widget link
This method is similar to the previous one, but it is used for slightly different tasks – for example, if you need to show the widget to a visitor as soon as they enter the site or on a specific page. For example, you could post a link on your social networks, “Subscribe to the newsletter”, where people can go to your site and immediately see the widget. Or it can be used as a lightweight version of the landing page – place an ad somewhere with a link to your site, and when they click on it, the person immediately sees the widget with the same action.
To implement this, set the switch to “Call manually”, as in the previous version, and create a link using this principle:
The last digits in this entry are the widget ID from the code you see in the setup step.
This implementation uses the URL API.
Do not forget to enable the widget, otherwise it won’t work.